Friday, September 5, 2014

Are You Fully Living Your Life?

Taken From: Life With Intent by Kerika

Where have you been?

What on earth have you been doing?

Why has it been so long?

That is what my blog keeps asking me over and over and over! Sadly, I don't have a good answer. Does this cut it . . . "I just haven't been feeling it lately!"

Hold on to your seats as life takes you on unseen twists and turns. Don't blink or you might miss years of living.

Living.

What does this word mean to you?

Surely we have to account for breathing, our beating heart- but, then what?

I've been struggling the last month with idea I might not be fully participating in my living or my life. I look around and see friends, family and people I don't even know struggling. Not like struggling because they are busy or life is hectic. But, STRUGGLING.

Cancer. Special needs. Chronic illnesses. Death of loved ones. Sick children. Unseen cures.

Now many of them are still breathing and have beating hearts- but certainly their definition of living is different than a lot of ours.

I like to have control in my life (often my children suffer from this-ha!). Lately I've questioned how much in life we really can have control of. I think I might have even given up a little on life thinking, "Why? There's so much heartache. Why?"

But- I'm back to me. I'm back to believing that we DO have control of our living. Certainly there are circumstances, illnesses and tragedy that are completely OUT of our control. Let's not focus on those things- let's take the reigns of what we CAN control!

Smiles :)
Loving words.
Listening ears.
Belief in our abilities.
Noting the strengths of others.
Giving of time, energy or money (whatever we are able).
Attitude.
Gratitude.
Being a friend.
Reaching out to those in need.
Being kind.
Sharing our gifts.
Taking care of ourselves.
Eating healthy.
Exercising.
Loving our earth.
Recycling.

I got overwhelmed the other day with the idea that I can't FIX the many chronic illnesses that are out there. I realized I don't have the pocket book to give to do research for them all. I watched the news a few times and felt that our world was full of nothing but hate and violence. I started down the negative path of thinking that there is NOTHING I can do.

I had to stop. I turned off the TV. I can do something.

I will give when I can. I will help whenever I am able. I will volunteer as often as is possible. I will smile & listen & care.

I can't fix the world. But I can LIVE my life. I can make positive changes for myself. I can eat better and exercise. I can play with my children. I can support my friends. I can focus on a better me to share with the world.

As hard times continue to happen around you, don't fret about the past. Try not to get caught up in what 'used' to be or what 'could have been'. Be present NOW. Dig deep and figure out what part of you isn't fully participating in this gift of life you have been given.

Where on earth have you been?
What have you been doing?
Why has it been so long?

LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST! After all, some people might not have the same opportunities you do. Take advantage with a grateful heart.

Are you living life to the fullest?
What could you do differently?
Reach out.
Share your gifts.
Live w/ gratefulness.

 Enjoy the journey you have been blessed with, love the people in your life, smile :) and remember, 'It's Okay'.  
 
Visit www.itsokaybooks.com to learn more!
 
Don't want to miss a blog? Sign up to follow by e-mail.
 
Follow on Facebook & Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment