Friday, June 6, 2014

#summergratitude: Nothing Beats Old Friends!

Quoteswords
This morning . . . summer feels like it is really here.
 
Suits and towels have overtaken our living room and deck. My hair frizz is uncontrollable from the humidity. The dog is camped out in the sun! The lawn needs mowed every three days.
 
And- sand volleyball is now in session.
 
Last night I was reminded how wonderful old friends are. The old saying found on quoteswords.com is extremely fitting for the #summergratitude I am feeling this morning. 'Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they're always there.'
 
Now, I'll be honest, our team looks a little different than it did 11 years ago. When I say 'old friend', I'm talking about the friendship, but I suppose a little about us as people as well. The army of ten kids lining the back of the volleyball court was probably enough to give the entire place a good chuckle. So what if we are a little slower, can't jump quite as high . . . we're still out there; together. And having a darn good time.

You definitely know when you've got a good old fashioned 'friendship'! There's no judgment or drama or wasted negativity. It's easy, refreshing and always fun.
 
What old friendship have you been missing? You might not even realize how much you miss people, until you take time to see them.
 
Life is so crazy sometimes. We have schedule time with people; pencil them in. It's hard to make sure we are making time for the special people in our lives. Take time today.
 
Send a text. Write an e-mail. Make a call. Reach out and you won't be disappointed. Even if there is no response, your effort will not go unnoticed.
 
Yesterday I skipped my #summergratitude. I had actually started a blog entitled, 'Chill Out'. You can maybe imagine that this crabby mom needed to take a chill pill and focus more on blessings than irritations.
 
Well, today is the day. I'm feeling grateful. It's okay that I was frazzled and frustrated yesterday. Today is a new day. My goal for this Fabulous Friday is to carry my #summergratitude all through the weekend. Will you join me in this task?
 
Relax. Breathe. Chill out. Enjoy!
 
Nothing beats an old friend!
Waste no time to tell a friend
 
Enjoy the journey you have been blessed with, love the people in your life, smile :) and remember, 'It's Okay'.  
 
Visit www.itsokaybooks.com to learn more!
 
Don't want to miss a blog? Sign up to follow by e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment