Wednesday, June 4, 2014

#summergratitude: Respect Nature

Nature Quotes
The #summergratitude series is in full force! How have you been doing?

So far, we are fighting to Keep Perspective and Practice Kindness. I'd say I'm 50/50 for actually following through :)

Last night my husband laughed as I was crabbing at the children over dinner, "You know there's this blog about appreciating your summer . . . you should read it!"

Okay. Point taken.

Today is an 'after the storm' morning. Winds, rain, thunder, lightening . . . quite the beast blew through our area. Thoughts and prayers go out to those who were not spared damage. It's unbelievable to me how frightening and breath-taking nature can be- all in the same moment.

I found the wonderful picture above, along with 24 other magnificent Nature Quotes (click on the link to read more). Mother Nature does her own thing, without input from the rest of us. We must respect the beauty that is surrounding us; as well as the powerful force that is out of our control.

Every time my kids see a yellow dandelion they exclaim, "Look at the beautiful yellow flower." I've gotten too many dandelion bouquets to count. And the dandelion seeds . . . oh boy, do they have a magnificent time making wishes. Of course, I usually spoil their fun by letting my 'weed spreading' irritation overcome me.

Why? Why not just enjoy the moment nature creates? Now, I know last night nature got the best of our area, but even today there is beauty around every corner.

Trees. Flowers. Clouds. Sun. Rainbows.

Today the birds are chirping loudly. The temperature is just right. The slight breeze is cool and calm. And, I'm reminding to respect the vast power of nature (the good, the bad & the ugly).

Take a moment today to just be still. Look around. There are millions of pieces of nature to be thankful for. It's beyond our comprehension how God created this magnificent world. Let's remember to Respect Nature.

Respect Nature!
Beauty is all around us
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment