Friday, July 5, 2013

Take Nothing For Granted

Last night was full of delicious food, good friends and my faithful family. As I cleaned up very little this morning, I was reminded of the relaxing and wonderful evening we had last night.

There was a moment as seen to the left where the children were all enjoying popcorn balls. My two-year-old sported her suit for most of the night and didn't mind the sticky blue film that covered her face and hands.

The fun had taken over, small fireworks delighted the children and I simply sat and took it all in. Not too long ago, I would have never been able to sit down. With four children, there is always something to do, someone to take care of or something that will go wrong.

When I looked over at the Little Tykes car and and I noticed the pool of liquid heading down the driveway, I didn't panic in the slightest. My little lady had also gotten caught in the glory and didn't bother to tell me she had to pee. I didn't even get up and instructed my daughter to grab her some clothes and my son to grab some wipes. I sent my friends' kid in to grab a couple glasses of water to wash down the outdoor mess.

The only unfortunate player in this game was my sister. She had apparently missed that there was an accident and picked up the little gem. Her pee-filled shirt didn't last long. On a brighter note, her sweatshirt that had been covered in this same little girl's blood only weeks ago hadn't been returned to her yet. I had washed it, but forgotten to give it back to her. So, she traded her pee-shirt for a clean, blood-free hooded zip-up.

All was right in the world. The dance party and fireworks show continued and I was caught in several moments of thankfulness. While life is still not perfect and accidents will continue to fill up moments of my life, I am reminded this morning that I live in an amazing country. I have an older brother selflessly serving to fight for the very freedom I enjoyed last night. I don't always remember how lucky I am, but today I will try to take nothing for granted. I will do my best not to waste this wonderful life I have been blessed with!

Enjoy the journey you have been blessed with, love the people in your life, smile :) and remember, 'It's Okay'. 
 
Visit www.itsokaybooks.com to learn more!
 
Don't want to miss a blog? Sign up to receive e-mail notification.

No comments:

Post a Comment