Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tuesday Tip: Be Present

What are we doing? Where are we going? What's the plan? How much? Who? When? Why?

It's easy to get caught up in the complexity of life; to let the next activity coming up ruin the one you are trying to have.

Life does not have to be one big plan in the making. Many of the best moments happen unexpectedly ... IF WE LET THEM!

My Tuesday Tip for the week is to 'be present'. Whatever it is you are doing or whoever it is that you are with ... give yourself completely to that moment. Don't be worried about what's happened in the past or the crazy future you have lurking. Just let yourself enjoy that moment of time for what it is worth.

There were many years when my first three children were younger that I was racing. I don't know who I was racing or what I was trying to win, but there were very few moments that I let myself 'be present'. I was definitely focused. I accomplished a heck of a lot. I worked. I met my obligations. I participated when I needed to participate. I was always on time. I was always over-prepared. But, I wasn't really present to my family or friends. I was just getting through to the next thing.

Last year when I was at home for the first time ... I had to slow WAY down. I realized that when I slowed down, it was hard. I didn't get as much done. I wasn't as productive. But, I was more present. 

I've realized that by letting things go a little, by maybe being a little late (to enjoy a moment I'll never get back), to skip over-preparing for every event, actually makes my life full of more purpose. I'm more present to those that I love the most and that's what matters.

Plus, if I was still as prepared as I used to be, I wouldn't have as many good 'it's okay' stories to share. This fourth kid has had more poop and pee catastrophe's than my other three other combined. Good thing so I can keep my readers entertained.

Good luck being present in the moment. I'm trying. I still fail daily, but there are also moments daily that I remember what my goal is. In those moments when I am fully present, I realize what life is really all about!

Enjoy the journey you have been blessed with, love the people in your life, smile :) and remember, 'It's Okay'. 
 
Visit www.itsokaybooks.com to learn more!
 
Don't want to miss a blog? Sign up to receive e-mail notification.

No comments:

Post a Comment