Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tuesday Tip: There's Always Tomorrow

The reason that I started the 'it's okay' journey was because there were times in my parenting life that I felt lost, inadequate or like I royally screwed up. It's not like I felt these things all the time, or even most of the time. But, those occasional feelings ate away at me and made me question what kind of parent and person I really wanted to be.

I realized sometime along the way, that it really IS OKAY to have a bad day. It's okay to mess up and know you want to do better next time. It's okay to not live the perfect life; to not have the perfect kids. No life is perfect or without error. No one has it all together, all the time.

While I still struggle at times wondering about what my kids will tell their therapist about me when they are adults, I understand that I am doing the very best I can. We are all blessed with strengths and we all struggle with limitations. I do some really great things and then follow up with several things that I could improve. It's okay.

There was a time months ago when I had a goal to write 1000 thanks. The last time I mentioned this in a blog I was somewhere in the 400's. I haven't pulled it out since. After writing this, I'm heading to the spot that journal is lying and my goal for today is to continue filling in little blessings I am thankful for. When I remember to notice the little amazement's in my life, I'm less likely to notice all the downfalls.

When times get tough and days don't go the way you wished they would have ... don't despair. There is always tomorrow. And tomorrow will bring you a new dawn, a new day and a new chance at the good life!

Enjoy the journey you have been blessed with, love the people in your life, smile :) and remember, 'It's Okay'. 
Visit www.itsokaybooks.com to learn more!
Don't want to miss a blog? Sign up to receive e-mail notification.

No comments:

Post a Comment