Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tueday Tip: Have Fun!

"Honey, you're the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on..."

Long pause.

"Except when you have that nasty scowl on your face."

Well, my husband sure has a way with words. While I was a little irritated with his comment, (since I was apparently extremely frustrated with our children) he was SO right.

My Tuesday Tip for all you parents out there: Have Fun!

I know better than anyone how easy it is to get caught up in the downward spiral of life. I understand that there are a million and one things to get done. I can empathize that life is anything but easy. BUT ... we can't let all that stuff get in the way of enjoying life and loving the blessings that are surrounding us.

So life isn't perfect. Kids will be kids. Heck, rotten adults will be rotten adults. We will even be rotten sometimes. While living, it should be our goal to laugh a little, giggle out loud and appreciate when the opportunity to have fun presents itself.

My best advice for you: do as I say and not as I do! Everyday I try to remind myself that my children are growing up faster than I can recognize, but then I forget. I don't want to look back in 20 years and say that I was organized and got my laundry done. I want to look back and say that I had fun with the people in my life that matter most!

Tomorrow, when things get hectic ... breathe and giggle. It's all going to be okay. Try to recognize even one moment in the day where you can have fun with your life and see the world through the eyes of a child!

Enjoy the journey you have been blessed with, love the people in your life, smile :) and remember, 'It's Okay'. 
 
Visit www.itsokaybooks.com to learn more!
 
Don't want to miss a blog? Sign up to receive e-mail notification.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment